AMNC is a volunteer-based, unincorporated club within the BC Nature federation. Our meetings and activities are made possible by our members who volunteer. There are existing projects and roles you can support or you may have a desire to create something new and engage others.
We encourage everyone to volunteer and get involved. You don’t need experience! There are many ways you can volunteer with AMNC. Here are some examples:
- Lead or assist with a hike, nature walk, or birding outing
- Organize a botany walk
- Assist with bat monitoring
- Maintain bird nest boxes
- Coordinate a local field trip – perhaps to one of your favourite nature spots
- Assist at monthly meetings with room set-up, refreshment break, and or greeting members and guests
- Help with the AMNC display table at local festivals and events
- Write a column for the members’ newsletter
- Create reference materials and resources e.g., bird species lists, local flora and fauna handouts, etc.
- Help to develop or deliver a presentation or workshop for our education and outreach initiatives
These are just a few ways that you could help. Maybe you have a skill, talent or specific interest that you would like to share or develop as a volunteer? Let us know.
How to Volunteer
We encourage non-members and members to participate in any of the AMNC activities, events, and/or meetings* to learn more about what we do and find out what interests you.
There is no formal application process to volunteer, however, you must be a AMNC member — join here. Let us know your interest(s) for volunteering by completing and submitting the online form below. Our volunteer coordinator will then follow-up with you.
*Note: As we are a non-profit volunteer organization, it can take up to one week to respond.